Where did February go? It all passed by so quick!
I was really good at blogging regularly in January but then February rolled around and it all went down the crapper. But all things considered, Feb was a good month.
Favourite things and moments from Feb
1. C & I celebrated our second wedding anniversary and prepared for a major life change.
This is a photo from our civil ceremony. LOL check out my $16 Forever 21 dress… ooooh so fancy!
2. I read 3 books this month (or finished reading)
Virginia Woolf in Manhattan by Maggie Gee
Review: Highly Recommended
The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey
Review: Recommended but more of a YA feel to it
Born with Teeth by Kate Mulgrew
Genre: Non Fiction
Review: Is this her real life? Cause WOW! recommended reads…
P.S: As you can see, I am sticking to my resolution of solely borrowing from the library and I have been really good! Super proud of myself for that!
3. Started my novel writing course – which I am really enjoying and highly recommend.
4. Hosted the inaugural event for Community Builders with some amazing community builders. – creative baby that I have been working on for almost 2 years now.
5. Finally got comfortable with calling myself a founder – even though I have shied away from the term for the longest time because I didn’t want to make others feel uncomfortable. But I realized that me taking credit for shit that I have done does not take away from others and if people feel like it does, then that’s not my tribe and I do not want to collaborate with folks like that. Thank you Karen with helping me with this. ❤
6. Received my first ever Once Upon a Book Club Box and I am so stoked to experience it for myself!
(soooo I did splurge on books here ;))
So what is this book box? Well, it is a phenomenal reading experience.
In each box, you receive a book and several gifts. Throughout the book there are post it notes that correspond to gifts. Once you reach a page with the note, you open a gift that is labelled with that particular page number & each gift has something to do with the story.
See? HOW COULD I NOT?
I’ll let you know how it goes!
7. Hosted another successful MARKET for work
I am so incredibly lucky that I get to hang out with incredible marketers and get to call it work!
Shout out to Reba and Regan (my colleagues) for working on some dope swag for this event too! LOVVEEE!
8. Got to hang out at Honest Ed’s one last time!
For those of you that don’t live in Toronto, Honest Ed’s was an iconic bargain store from the 40’s, that is now being torn down to make way for condos. Think of it as dollar store on some pretty good crack.
My work a.k.a RIGHTSLEEVE Marketing designed the merch for the farewell party and as a result I got to hang out there on a weekend with some amazing folks.
Funnily enough, everything I own from Honest Ed’s is Elvis Presley themed. Go figure!
1. Setting boundaries is extremely important – not just for others but also for myself.
It is so easy to lose yourself in all the hubbub of every day life.
2. Speak the fuck up
Most people have no clue how you want to be treated or if you don’t like something – so speak up!
3. Self care is as important as breathing
Love yourself and everything else will fall into place!
Things I hope to do more of in March
1. Read more
2. Blog more
3. More bookstagram photos
4. Get ready for April! EEEEEKKSSS
That’s it on my end for now! I am incredibly excited for March, there is ton of work to be done but there are some really exciting things and projects on the horizon. What a time to be alive!