OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! I finally got nominated for The Versatile Blogger award. Ok I know it has not been that long since I started this blog but still!
Thank you BrookeandMcKenzie for nominating me. You guys are awesome! Basically, late last night after yet another round of job applications I was going to go to bed but decided to log on to twitter to check trending topics (Yup! I do that a lot!) and chanced upon one of BrookeAndMcKenzie’s tweets. It read, something along the lines of, see who we nominated for the versatile blogger award and I thought to myself, “When will someone nominate me for that?”.
Now, I love these award posts because I have found great blogs through such posts. Hence, I decided to check up on their list and lo and behold my name was there! I guess this is going to be one of my flashbulb memories! (I sound uber excited because I am!)
The rules for accepting this award are:
1) Thank the blogger who nominated you (Thank you BrookeandMcKenzie!)
2) Nominate and inform 15 fellow bloggers
3) Share 7 random things about yourself
4) Include the Versatile Blogger award picture in your post
It looks like I am already done with 1 and 4 so I will do number 3 now .
7 random things about me
1. I have a thing for even numbers. I don’t know why it is but it just is. Odd numbers make me cringe!
2. I love visiting places with a historical significance. I guess that’s why I chose Cambodia for my graduate trip!
3. I don’t understand why some people treat everything like a popularity contest.
4. My front tooth is chipped and I never got it fixed because I like it like that!
5. I am a sucker for colors but I do not have any artistic tendencies. In fact I can hardly draw, as is obvious from my drawings…[awkward silence] alrighty then moving right along…
6. I am really bad at receiving compliments and I fidget whenever someone compliments me.
7. I own the sword of Gryffindor (Ok not really… but I would like to!)
On to number 2 then…
I don’t really know that many people on here since I am new to this but I am going to try! If not, I will do a The Versatile Blogger Award part 2.
The Middlest Sister (Her blog has to be seen to be believed!)
I know that some of you already have the award but what can I do? I like reading your blogs! 😉
Also, I know that the list doesn’t contain 15 bloggers but the ones I want to nominate already have it. Hmmm… Can I nominate BrookeandMcKenzie again? 😉
16 thoughts on “The Versatile Blogger Award”
Congratulations! And thank you! I wish I could get paid for blog reading! Or at least lose weight doing it. Looking forward to checking out your selections.
haha you can definitely get motivated to lose weight while reading blogs:P
I am glad you like the middlest sister’s blog! 🙂 and also good luck to your daughter for her exams!
So let me just be the first one to say…CONGRATULATIONS!! Very cool! You deserve to be nominated for it because I always enjoy reading your blogs.
Strangely, I find myself wondering if you and I are the same person after reading a lot of your blogs, and I have that same thought again after this one. Why you say? Simple…I’ll show you.
1. I also have a thing for even numbers. It’s very weird and extreme and I don’t understand it at all.
2. I love colors but don’t have an artistic bone in my body.
3. My front tooth is most definitely chipped and has been that way since I was 14 years old…I’m 30 now…
4. If someone compliments me I smile and say thank you and immediately want to go hide in a corner. LOL
thank you! whoa! we really are quite similar!
and also remember I have 5 more awards to give out. You could be next!:D I would really like to read more from you.
Ok, while I was writing my reply I was first but worrywarts beat me to it! LOL. Let me be the second then…
Just visited The Middlest Sister. I love it (I’m going to send it to my daughter – after finals).
Thank you! I really like chipped teeth 😀 I think they’re cute and they usually come with a good story.
hahah thanks! that’s a first.
A cab driver once told me otherwise, his exact words were, “little girl (i was 22 then :|) you are so pretty, why not get your front tooth fixed?”
Since it was a compliment I really wanted to hide under a rock but it was such an odd one that I was speechless really.
You are very welcome for the nomination, I honestly would recommend your blog to everyone and also if i had kids i would make them read it!
Thank You so much for including my Lil Blog in your list of awardees! i’m really excited (so says the old man) about reading your blog and learning more of you as we go along. And i’m doubly blessed that you would reach out personally to check in on me. You’re a good egg kid, and i’m proud to include you in my bakers dozen… =)
Thank you for including me 🙂 I am glad I had the opportunity to ask how your dad was doing!
you are very welcome of course! I love reading your blog and I would love to read something from your dad! (will that be possible?)
Congrats on the recognition! These awards are very good ways to “introduce” bloggers to each other. Enjoy!
Thank you! 🙂
Congratulations! And thanks for the nomination!
Thank you! and you are very welcome! Love your blog 🙂
Congrats–been enjoying your blog!
Thank you! That’s so sweet of you! 🙂