Today marks C’s and mine first wedding anniversary. A year ago today I couldn’t believe my sheer dumb luck that I was marrying someone I was head over heels in love with.
Here we are, a year later and I wanted to share 20 things I have learnt after being married for a year – with tons of input from C as well!
- It is possible to love someone without losing yourself.
I am madly in love with my husband and those closest to me know that. He is my raison d’être but each day that I fall more in love with him, I fall more in love with myself too.
I feel like I am the most productive, successful and the happiest I have ever been in my life.
- To love someone else you have to love yourself first
If you start with loving yourself first, you start by being in good place and it is only rainbows and sunshines and unicorns from there on! :p
- Love isn’t a competition
When your relationship is a competition, that’s not love. Supporting each other is the shit.
- We are different people with different preferences but that doesn’t mean we have to fight.
The goal is not to be one amorphous blob with similar likings and opinions! We have our differences and we love each other for them.
- You don’t have to fight to get closer to each other or to have a more interesting relationship.
LOL. If I had a penny for every time I have read that fights bring people closer together, I’d be rolling in $$$!
- The passion doesn’t fizzle away after a while
…neither is it something you have to work on like it is some kind of a household chore.
- Being married is the shit!
- There is nothing quite like having someone in your life who has always got your back!
- The happiness level of your relationship isn’t dependent on the size of the rock that you get for your engagement
9 our of 10 times that I tell people that I am married, I am immediately asked to show my ring. LOL! I don’t get it. I don’t have an engagement ring. I wear a wedding band that C and I picked together. It is a dainty little gold band that cost us $99 and it is my favourite ring in the world!
- It is possible for your parents to love your significant other more than you :p
Mum & Dad I am looking at you.
- When you find your person, you just know it
- There is such a thing as true love and soul mates
Some might not agree but it happened to us. Oh the stories I could tell you…
- A year later and the same jokes are still funny
- You never get tired of telling your own love story
People may get tired but not us!
- When you have someone who has got your back, everything in life is easy
- He gets sexier with each passing day. HOT DAMN!
- There is nothing I don’t love about him. He is smart, funny, caring and the best human being I have ever met in my life.
- I don’t like roses
- In-laws are not scary beings you need to run away from
Mine are the fuzziest!!!!
- Communication & Honesty are the keys to a happy relationship, a happy marriage and a HAPPY EVERYTHING!
This post has C’s stamp of approval!!! 😀